Thursday, March 21, 2013

Fall of 1995



Author's Note: This was a creative piece that I wrote to show people that I know how to write a narrative beginning. This story will keep you waiting at the end of your seat to see what happens next in this horror story

It was the fall of 1995. Dark. Branches scraping across the side of the house. Rain falling like glass shatters as it hits the ground. Every night the rain came down and the branches scraped across the side of the house but, this night was different. This time there was a howl once every three minutes. As the morning awoke, the skies filled with darkness. Not a single crack of sunlight came shinning through.

I woke up from my sleep, I realized that my jar of lotion has been knocked over. At that point in time I didn't think anything of it but, as I went to go set them up again, I felt a cold breeze touch the top of my neck. I had no idea how to react so as my muscles in my shoulder tensed up on me, my only hope was to stand there without moving an inch. Before I could do anything, I felt another breeze, but this time it was hot air and the sound of someone breathing was slowly creeping up behind me.

Mid-noon was just around the corner. My stomach was starting to growl at me. I slowly began to walk down the stairs. Just before I reached to step on the second stair, I heard an extremely loud screechy sound. My foot wasn't even on the step as it made this sound. As I finished walking down the stairs, my mind started to ponder what had just happened a couple seconds ago realized that this house had to be haunted.

I thought to myself, that must be crazy. Ever since I was a little kid I had been living in that house. Both my mom and dad passed away in this very house. Could this mean something? Maybe the fact that they died in this house, their souls could be still here. But why would they haunt me? I’m their daughter. This couldn't have been true. But sooner or later I will get to the bottom of this.

The town I lived in for my whole life might have been just a big mistake. It’s a very small town; not a lot of people live here. The ones who do all have a story to tell, but if I were to get it out of them I could possibly get to the bottom of this. I decided to go outside to get some fresh air, even though the skies were just filled with darkness; it’s better than being inside. I knew with knowing too much that if I were to confront a cop they would all think I am crazy. At this point in time with everybody having a secret, nobody is safe. It’s one for all.

Not a single human being lived within a mile from of  me. I was surrounded by trees and nature. As I walked outside I glanced out and saw a shadow. From a distance it didn't look like anything, but as I walked closer to my car it keep creeping closer and closer. At this point in time I had to stick my key into my car to unlock it and my key wouldn’t go into the lock. Finally the shadow came closer and from that distance it looked like a shadow but, really it was a ghost.  I got the key into the lock and unlocked the car. I hopped into the car and started the engine.

Before I could get my foot to the pedal the ghost got into the car and sat in the passenger seat. My breathing began to slow down to a stop. The ghost got out of the car my foot was already “pedal to the metal”. I had to get out of here. There was no way I was going to go back to that house ever again. As I’m speeding to get away my heart couldn't be pounding  faster.

The rain starts to fall again. I sounds like glass shattering as it hits the ground. Dark clouds began to fill the sky. I knew that this day wasn't going to last any longer. I start to lose focus of the road but, regain it again. This point I have no idea where I am going. All I know is that something is going to happen to me, and at this point I have no idea when it is going to happen. I lose control of the wheel again. I can’t regain control of the wheel and ran into a tree. The impact of hitting the tree killed me.  My time was coming to an end. By losing my focus it ended up killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment